The Quick Survey
- Name/Business Name: Edward Maurer / Edward John Photography LLC.
- Located in: Oakland County Michigan. I live in a beautiful little town called Lake Orion which is about an hour north of Detroit.
- Started: professional photographer on July 18th, 2008, but I've been a photographer for a lot longer than that.
- Status: Part time
- Types of Photography: Lifestyle wedding and portrait photography is my primary focus, and I enjoy sports photography.
- Primary Camera / Favorite Lens: Nikon D700 / 70-200 f2.8
- Interesting Personal Fact: I've seen the movie Ferris Bueller's day off more times than I can remember and can recite the dialog to the entire movie.
Find out more
Short Bio: I'm a husband, a father, and a passionate photographer. Enjoying life with my bride, our three beautiful kids, and the worlds best dog Sparkie.
I've seen amazing images all my life and began capturing them on camera when I was attending engineering school. A stable job at an engineering firm was all I ever wanted, but something was different when a camera was in my hands. I felt alive and everything felt "right." I took my engineering knowledge (left brain) to good use by analyzing the camera gear and how it all functioned, meanwhile the right side of my brain was visualizing images that just needed to be captured. I offered to help photograph a wedding for a friend and by the end of the night I was hooked. Exhausted, but excited at the same time. Telling the story of a wedding is something I truely enjoy. In January of 2009 I began a daily photo blog where I posted photos every day that had been taken within that week. This helped me to see light, to really study composition, and to bring my photography to the next level. I intend to keep this blog going as long as I can because it really helps me to stay focused and to improve.