- Name/ Business Name: Lisa Holloway / ljholloway photography
- Started in: 2007
- Status: Part Time
- Types of Photography: Maternity, newborns, babies, kids, families, and high school seniors
- Primary CAmera / Favorite Lens: Canon 5d Mark ii and the 85mm 1.2L, though I just picked up the 70-200mm 2.8L II and am excited to test the waters with that as well!
- Interesting Personal Fact: WE're expecting our 9th child around Halloween
Find out more:
- Main Site: www.ljhollowayphotography.com
- Blog: www.ljhollowayphotography.com/blog
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ljhollowayphotography
I’m Lisa...a 34 year old stay at home mom to 8 (soon to be 9!) children and a wife to my sweet husband, Jeff. I love traveling, camping, hiking, archaeology, studying ancient civilizations and their cultures, cooking (especially things exotic and unusual), and spending time with my family. Oh, AND photography...how could I forget that! I LOVE photography!
I graduated from high school in 1994 and enlisted in the United States Navy. I went through their Nuclear Power Program, which was a huge challenge, but also such a growing time in my life. After my time in the Navy, I became a mother, and have been a stay at home mom ever since. Our kids range in age from 13 on down to 1, with another expected this fall.
My start in photography is a pretty typical one. When Adrian (kiddo #5) came along in 2006, I suddenly had the urge to take better pictures of my own children. I’ve always been artistic, so this was a perfect creative outlet for me. It all started on a birth board I was part of. We had a little photography group and would post pics, give each other tips and critique, and work on different techniques. It all grew from there! What started out as a little hobby soon grew into a full fledged passion. It’s the perfectionist in me! I am not happy until things are *just right*...and obviously, photography is one of those things in which you never stop learning or growing, so here I am today, still plugging away. When I realized that all of those amazing lenses and other photography related equipment didn’t come cheap, my ‘hobby’ slowly morphed into a money making business. I do this very part time as my large family takes up most of my time. Thankfully, I have a very supportive husband and family. My 12 year old daughter has become a wonderful assistant, reflector holder, little kid smile inducer, and test model herself. I couldn’t do it without their support!
That’s me, in a nutshell! I look forward to many more years doing the things I love, enjoying life, and helping others capture amazing images and memories of their loved ones.