The Quick Survey:
- Name / Business Name: Talyn Sherer Photography
- Located in: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Started in: 2007
- Status: (Full Time, Part Time, Hobbiest, etc): Part Time
- Types of Photography: Portraiture, Landscape and Still Life
- Primary Camera / Favorite Lens: Canon 7D; 17-40 mm L F4
- Interesting Personal Fact: I am an adventure hobbyist and treasure seeker. I have spent a lot of time studying various rock formations as a child and continue searching for lost treasure while I am out photographing landscapes.
Find out more:
- Main Site: www.talynshererphotography.com
Short Bio -
I was born and raised in Utah and as I child I was always wondering off looking for new ways of seeing the world around me. My parents encouraged my adventurous personality by engaging me in my surroundings and bringing me to various destinations through the country. During school I had developed a much more in depth understanding of the importance of photography and art in general. My first photography teacher had shown me the true meaning of capturing, documenting and sharing the art of photography. While often being a heavy critic on my own work I still strive to find perfection in all of my photographs. I was published in "The Freefall Review" A quarterly magazine based out of California that encouraged the starving artists from around the country to share their passions with the world. I currently am studying photo journalism in an effort to be placed in situations that allows me to shed light on controversial issues and events.
While I still reside in Salt Lake City I am often on the road looking for those unique photographs of the way life moves around us. I am in the process of working on my first book that will highlight businesses throughout my travels. The book is scheduled to be released within the next 2-4 years as I continue capturing various people and events.
- Name: Laurel Parker
- Business Name: Mama Laurel’s Photography
- Started in: Summer 2010
- Status: Part-time
- Types of Photography: I enjoy all kinds of photography; however, my very favorites are weddings and high school seniors!
- Primary Camera/Favorite Lens: Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70mm 2.8
- Interesting Personal Fact: I have won several cooking contests for my mad cheesecake baking skills, resulting in prizes of trips, dinners, and kitchenware. The funny part is that I have made up all the recipes in my head and submitted them to be judged before I ever tried cooking them myself!
It is an honor to be highlighted on you website, because some of my very favorite photographers have been featured here in the past. I have loved photography since I was just a little girl, but it wasn’t until I had a family of my own that my opportunities to begin shooting and experimenting with photography became more serious. Now that my six children are mostly grown, with the youngest being 14, I have more time to pursue things that I really love to do in addition to being a mom, and photography is it! My family is relieved beyond measure, since I no longer have my camera stuck in their face for every event that they are involved in. I am able to get my photography fix on other people now!
When I was young, my family did a lot of traveling overseas. My mother trusted me enough with her camera that I became the designated photographer on many of our trips. On one occasion, when I was about 9 or 10, a plane we were flying in over Africa was asked to delay landing for some unknown reason. To pass the time, the pilot flew the plane around the top of Mount Kilimanjaro a couple of times, and my mother handed over the camera for me to start shooting. I took an entire roll of images through the plane’s window and they came out beautifully. To this day, one of those photos is enlarged and framed in my parents home. Ever since that experience, I have always felt like I was capable of taking a pretty good picture!
I enjoy all kinds of photography, but focusing on individuals and couples is my favorite thing to do. That’s why I love to shoot wedding photography, as well as high school seniors. They are by far the most fun to be with. They have to many interesting things to talk about and such big dreams to share.
I have enjoyed creating my business, and am continually trying to learn all that I can to improve my skills. I prefer not to get locked into one kind of style, but I tend to be drawn to rich and vibrant colors, and I absolutely love a slightly over-processed look to my editing. If you are ever in Salt Lake City and are looking for a photographer, look me up and let’s go have some fun!
A quick survey
- Name / Business Name: Sheryll @ Sheryll Lynne Photography
- Located in: Salt Lake City, UT and Louisville, KY
- Started in: 2002
- Status: (Full Time, Part Time, Hobbiest, etc) Full time
- Types of Photography: Weddings, Boudoir, Family, Seniors, Commercial, and fun stuff
- Primary Camera / Favorite Lens: D700, 14mm and 50mm 1.4
- Interesting Personal Fact: I am a girl gamer. Maybe that's not too interesting... sorry.
Find out more
- Main Site: http://www.sheryll-lynne.com
- Blog: http://www.sheryll-lynne.com/blog
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sherylllynne
- Facebook Personal Page: http://www.facebook.com/sheryllrocks
- Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/sherylllynne
Short Bio - Word from the Photographer
In a nutshell, I take photos. I have been shooting since I was a teenager and it dawned on me a decade later that it would be in my best interest to become a photographer.
I am a hopeless romantic, I like to laugh, and I could listen to the "Amelie" soundtrack over and over again. I am also a force to be reckon with.